Our guide to what is Hot and what is Not at MGHQ this week :
1. Detailed Collars – perfect for adding that little bit of interest into a Spring staple, plus they look great layered up and pulled out over the top of a preppy knit or blazer.
2. Americana done right – keeping it simple, grungy and ideal for laid back weekends. Take inspiration from American style icons such as the Olsen twins and Gillian Zinzer.
3. Take Me Out – no likey no lighty. However we cannot get enough of it – Thankyou Paddy McGuinness.
4. Getting ready for MFW – with missguided.co.uk being the principal sponsor of the uncoming April Manchester Fashion Week, we are busy preparing our catwalk collections for you to feast your eyes on.
1. Sun-visors – yes we have been told they are ‘coming back into fashion’ and yes we have seen them in a few designer collections, on some top bloggers and in various magazines. Are we convinced we wont look like we are taking part in a Golf tournament? No.
2. Americana gone wrong – no Jedward – just no. We love this trend, the stars, the stripes, the colours that showcase the US flag yet also look perfect for Summer – please don’t ruin this for us you scamps.
3. Dancing on Ice Fashion – don’t get us wrong, we love a tulle skirt and sequin bodysuit as much as the next girl.Unfortunately our eyes are constantly drawn to those tan tights – plus Jennifer has taken to wearing a feather boa around her hips in this occasion. Her (dancing) partner Daniel Whiston also appears to be showcasing one of this seasons hottest trends – sheer. Again – just wrong. Even Torvill and Dean wouldn’t wear this gettup.
3. Celeb Beach Photos – The temperature in the UK has barely increased yet we cannot open a magazine or turn on our computers without seeing a photo of some toned tanned celeb sunning herself on a beach somewhere exotic. Put it away or take us with you !