SPRING BEAUTY TUTORIAL WITH MYNXII| March 11, 2016
Yes, we’re still waiting for the sun but with promise of warmer days coming soon (please), we’re more than ready to say hello to our new season wardrobe and with it, a fresh makeup routine.
We caught up with international makeup artist and mega-babe Mynxii to find out what we’re gonna wanna be wearing on our faces come April. Turns out that transitioning from winter into spring is easy and all we need is a shimmer in our neutral palettes and fresh skin. She shows us how to complete this easy look with a natural groomed brow and pretty pout…
1. Mynxii starts by priming this fresh-faced beauty’s face so the makeup has staying power that’ll last all day.
2. Apply foundation to the face and neck and be sure to blend using a blending sponge so the skin looks natural and flawless.
3. Next contour the face with a bronzer or contouring kit, applying product to the cheekbones, your hairline and the sides of your nose.
4. Concealer should be applied to the T zone, down the centre of the nose, the middle of your lip, the middle of your chin, your under eye area and just above the cheekbones. Once applied, completely blend along both the concealer and the bronzer to achieve a naturally, contoured face.
5. Next we move on to the eyes, achieving a light smokey eye with a taupe and pink shimmery eye palette. Use a light pink shade to cover the eyelid, and blend a darker shade from your lashes to the crease. Use a small angled brush to drag the shadow along your lower lashes.
6. Black winged eyeliner and thick false eyelashes complete the perfect spring smokey eye.
7. To frame the eyes, fill in your eyebrows with a brow kit and brush, but don’t go too heavy. Natural, thick eyebrows are key to this look.
8. Use a rosy pink blush on the cheeks and a shimmery highlighter powder across the top of the cheekbones.
9. The finish the look, accentuate the lips with a rose pink lip liner and fill with a pink-taupe lipgloss.
What do you think? Will you be trying this look?
Follow Mynxii on Instagram @mynxiiwhite
Photography by Adam Rindy @adamrindy