HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO BROWNIES| January 7, 2015
If you’re looking to cut down on the treats after a Christmas chock-full of mince pies and Celebrations, but still can’t resist a taste of chocolate every now and again, then this recipe is definitely for you.
We’d go as far as saying that these brownies might even be tastier than the real thing, but maybe that’s just because we don’t feel as guilty for eating more than three in one sitting…
The secret ingredient, making these brownies a lot healthier than the real thing, is avocado, but you won’t taste it. Test it out on an unsuspecting friend if you don’t believe us.
What you’ll need…
1 small avocado (enough for ½ cup when mashed)
1 large egg
1 tsp of baking soda
1/3 cup of dark brown sugar
1/3 cup of caster sugar
1/3 cup of cocoa powder
2 handfuls of roughly chopped chocolate (dark, white or milk)
To make these tasty treats, here’s what you’ll have to do…
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a tray with greaseproof paper
2. Mash up the avocado until smooth and add to a mixer with everything else, but the chocolate chunks and mix
3. Stir in the chocolate chunks
4. You’re ready to scoop the mixture on to the baking tray now. Try and make six to keep them big.
5. Pop them in the oven and check them after 15 minutes. You’re looking for a crisp coating. If they wobble or look a little sticky, leave them for a few more minutes.
6. Once they’re out the oven, leave them to cool but eat them warm. That’s when they’re at their most delicious.