HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER PIZZA| January 16, 2015
You’d be forgiven for thinking that this tasty lookin’ pizza was loaded with cheese and calorie heavy.
In fact it’s quite the opposite.
It’s low carb, deliciously light and so healthy, you can eat the whole thing without feeling guilty. Wondering what our secret is? You’ll never guess that the base is actually made of cauliflower – and it doesn’t taste like it either.
If you’re cutting down on the carbs or promised yourself you’ll get fit and healthy for 2015, then this is the recipe for you.
What you’ll need…
1 large egg
125ml of finely grated parmesan or mozzarella
Salt and pepper to season
To prepare the base…
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C
2. Turning the cauliflower into a pizza base is easier than you may think. Simply cut the cauliflower head into florets and add to a food processor until it turns to a rice texture.
3. Microwave the cauliflower rice for 6 minutes before adding it to cheesecloth of towel to squeeze out the extra water.
4. Add the cauliflower to a large bowl and add the egg, grated cheese and salt and pepper. Mix to a dough.
5. Roll the cauliflower ‘dough’ out on to a greaseproof, lined pizza tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Once you’ve mastered the base, add a base sauce and choose whatever toppings you fancy for maximum flavour. Here’s some of our favourites….
Plain and simple: cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and a hint of basil.
Veggie special: aubergine, red and yellow peppers, pesto, spinach and goats cheese.
Super healthy: sweet potato, kale, mushrooms and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Texas tasty: BBQ base, red onions, BBQ chicken, chilli peppers and mozzarella.