Graduating? Cool we’ve got an outfit for that!| June 28, 2018
Congrats. You’ve made it through years of stress overload. If you’re now having a bit of a graduation outfit panic, we’ve got you. From taking the stage and receiving your honours to sipping champagne when you’re ‘out-out’ in the evening, these dresses won’t make you regret your outfit choice years down the line. It’s officially time to get a
Play it safe
Consider the LBD a fail-safe option. Even though your outfit will be the same colour as your gown, an LBD keeps it classy and it doesn’t have to be a one-wear dress. Try to steer clear of plain black dresses to avoid looking like a shadow. Lace and crochet give the LBD a new season update, and frill hems are always a good choice to make your dress stand out.
Total white out
White dresses for graduation give that sleek contrast when paired with your gown. Consider it a fool-proof match, meaning that it’ll work with all school colours. Even better, if your graduation day lands on the hottest day of the year, you’ll thank yourself that you chose white.
If you’re looking for a dress that screams summer and will stand out from the other plain looks on display, then go for florals. Pretty and feminine, this look can afford to be grunged up, so you can even avoid heels if you wanted to. Nobody wants to trip over on stage, right?
Colour it in
Bright colours are always a hit in the summer. If you don’t want to look too subdued, opt for a vibrant pop of colour. Primary colours are a great shout right now – think chilli red, hot pink and cobalt blue. Pass us a cocktail!
Show the world what a girl boss you are now you’ve graduated, by going for a tailored look. Jumpsuits are a great instant-outfit option. Go for a fitted, tailored style to keep things smart. Or, alternatively, choose a co-ord or suit which will look AMAZE under your cap and gown.
Like what you see? Click the image to shop…
Hey, grad baller, you probably need to know these 5 grad tips on what to wear to graduation:
- Plan two outfits. Sounds silly but you’ll thank us later. There have been nightmare moments when your dress is having a bit of a bad morning and you need that last resort option to save you.
- Play it by the weather – especially when it comes to footwear. You don’t want your heels sinking into the grass. Plan your footwear just before the big day.
- They never tell you, but bring plenty of hair grips or safety pins, especially if you’re wearing a Bardot or bandeau dress. The collar on your gown may have no grip and, if it’s not attached to something, it can often slip to one side and can ruin some fire photo opportunities.
- If you try on a dress and it doesn’t really feel like ‘the one’, return it. A dress you don’t feel confident it won’t make you outshine the basics.
- Don’t forget your waterproof makeup. Surprisingly, it’s actually a pretty emotional day and, it’s officially the end of your student discount *cries*.
Welcome to adulthood.
Feeling inspired to sort your graduation outfit? Shop for your perfect dress here: